10 Lines on India Gate: India Gate is an awe-inspiring monument built as a war memorial honoring Indian soldiers who demonstrated remarkable courage while serving under the British Empire during World War . Designed by renowned British architect, Edwin Lutyens, with its foundation stone being laid down in 1921 before being completed ten years later in 1931.
As an architectural marvel that symbolizes sacrifice and patriotism, it stands tall as a tribute to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for India. The India Gate is a war memorial located at New Delhi, formerly called Rajpath.
10 Lines on India Gate for Kids
- The India gate Located in Rajpath, New Delhi.
- It is also Known as All India War Memorial.
- The timings for visiting India gate is Morning till evening; every day.
- Period of Construction is 1921 to 1931.
- The height of the gate is 42 meters and 9.1 meters width.
- The Material Used in the construction of that is Yellow and red sandstone and granite.
- About 150 meters towards the east of the India Gate, there is a canopy that was built in 1936 as tribute to former Emperor of India, King George V.
- India Gate also houses a small structure called Amar Jawan Jyoti, which consists of a marble pedestal with a cenotaph on its top.
- Today, the India Gate holds much significance not only as a tourist attraction but also a symbol of nationalism.
- The names of the soldiers inscribed on India Gate include a female staff nurse who died during the war.
10 Lines on India Gate for Students
- India Gate is known for Scenic beauty of the lawns and gardens.
- It stands tall as a tribute to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for India.
- This monument is a lasting tribute to the bravery of Indian Army soldiers with over 13,000 names etched on its walls to honour their memory and valour.
- At 42 meters high, this tourist site features a grand triumphal arch made exclusively with sandstones adorned intricately with fascinating carvings inspired by Rome’s Arch Constantine.
- Delhi India gate or The All India War Memorial is 42-metre-high giant gate made up of sandstone.
- Built by prominent war memorial architect Edwin Lutyens in 1921.
- It is a war memorial situated at the eastern end of Kingsway that is the Rajpath, is memorial to martyrs of World War .
- People visiting India Gate experiences true sense of patriotism.
- It is one of the best tourist attractions in New Delhi having widely spread children park and boating club.
- It serves as a best picnic spot. India gate is also famous for being the venue of several march and demonstrations.
Feel free to leave any related questions or suggestions in the comments section below. Your feedback is valuable to us! If you find this information interesting, don’t hesitate to share it with your friends who might also enjoy reading it. Sharing is caring!