Hello, Friends hope you all are doing fine. So I would share with you Essay about Mumbai so that it would be really helpful for your Studies & Exams. Students who want to know details knowledge about Mumbai, then here we posted a detailed view about 5, 10, 15 lines essays & some Long Essay Mumbai in English.
Mumbai may be the capital of Maharashtra and also the financial capital of India. Mumbai used to be called Bombay. Some of the popular sports in Mumbai city are Prince Wades Museum (Chhatrapati Shivaji Vastu Sanghralaya), Gateway of India, Juhu Beach, Marine Drive, Marve, and Chowpatty.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Lines on Mumbai in English
- 2 10 Lines on Mumbai in English
- 3 15 Lines on Mumbai in English
- 4 100 Words Essay on Mumbai
- 5 200 Words Essay on Mumbai
- 6 300 Words Essay on Mumbai
- 7 500 Words Essay on Mumbai
- 8 Essay about Mumbai in Video
5 Lines on Mumbai in English
1. Mumbai is the largest city in India.
2. Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra.
3. Mumbai was previously known as Bombay.
4. The local train service in Mumbai is outstanding.
5. Mumbai is one of the most colorful cities in India.
10 Lines on Mumbai in English
1. Mumbai is one of the most colorful cities in India.
2. It is popularly known as the dream city for many people.
3. Mumbai is among the major metro cities in India.
4. Street food of Mumbai is very famous such as vada pav, Pani Puri, etc.
5. Electricity supply is excellent in Mumbai.
6. There’s no problem with power-cut even as we see in other cities.
7. The transport system of Mumbai is well-regulated.
8. Mumbai is a prominent center of trade and commerce.
9. Mumbai is a tourist spot for people located in various parts of the world.
10. Mumbai is very popular for its parks and gardens.
15 Lines on Mumbai in English
1. The name Mumbai Is derived from the goddess Mumbai Devi.
2. Mumbai is a tourist spot for people located in various parts of the world.
3. The Temu in the city varies throughout the year.
4. The local train service in Mumbai is outstanding.
5. Mumbai is popularly known as the dream city for many people.
6. Mumbai is the largest city in India. It is the capital of Maharashtra.
7. Mumbai is a promising center of trade and commerce
8. The city is mainly the home to Bollywood.
9. Mumbai is that part of India which works 24×7 and never sleeps.
10. Mumbai is one of the most colorful cities in India.
11. Street food of Mumbai is very famous such as vada pav, Pani Puri, etc.
12. Mumbai is a busy city and has a rich history as the birthplace of Indian Independence.
13. Mumbai is one of the biggest cities in India and a central economic hub.
14. Mumbai is home to some of India’s most influential industries.
15. The most famous festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi, Holi, etc.
100 Words Essay on Mumbai
Mumbai is one of the largest metropolitan areas in India. Capital of Maharashtra. It is one of the many densely populated cities in India. It’s just a beach town. It is located on the west coast of India. It is the center of film production. It is also known as the commercial capital of India.
Mumbai is in the temperate climate zone. The weather here is pleasant all year round. It is neither too hot nor too cold here. Even when the entire northern part of India is shivering in intense heat, the weather in Mumbai is pleasant. Especially on the beach, it’s much better. Juhu beach is full of people. Due to this, Mumbai’s climatic conditions have made it a center for film production.
Mumbai has been a number of tourist destinations. Visit Church Gate, Victoria Train Station, Juhu Beach, and more. The beautiful buildings highlight the beauty of the city. You will find excellent malls and shopping malls in Mumbai. You did a lot of shopping there. Shopping is a great pleasure in itself.
200 Words Essay on Mumbai
The city is one of the world’s leading commercial centers in terms of financial flows. It is also home to major financial institutions such as the Reserve Bank of India, the Bombay Stock Exchange, the National Stock Exchange of India, and the headquarters of many Indian companies and multinational corporations.
Why is Mumbai a dream city?
Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra, is called the “City of Dreams” or “Mayanagri”. Over the years, it has been given this epithet not only because it offers unlimited opportunities to Indian citizens living in various states, but also to those living abroad.
It is also a city with strong historical ties, beautiful British architecture, museums, beaches, places of worship, and above all a veritable galaxy of stars where Bollywood rules. The seven islands that makeup Mumbai were once home to fishing colonies.
Mumbai (also known as Bombay, its official name until 1995) is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra. Mumbai is located on the Konkan Coast, on the west coast of India, and has a deep natural harbor.
300 Words Essay on Mumbai
The “City of Dreams” or, as it is also called, Mayanagri, Mumbai (formerly Bombay) is one of the most sought-after cities not only in India but throughout the world.
Tourists should be careful when traveling to Mumbai. This is a city where visitors must use their street skills to stay safe. For example, you should never travel alone in India.
Geographical Features of Mumbai
Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra, covers an area of 603 square kilometers and is located on the west coast of India. It consists of a group of seven islands, which is why it is sometimes called an island city. These seven islands are Bombay Island, Mazagaon, Colaba, Old Woman’s Island, Parel, Worley, and Salsette Island.
History of Mumbai City
Mumbai was named after the local goddess Mumba Devi in 1995. The history of this spectacular modern city dates back to the reign of the famous King Ashoka. These seven islands remained under his rule until his death. After its destruction, it was ruled by various rulers. And finally, these islands were transferred to the East India Company by the Portuguese in 1668, after which it was called “Bombay”.
These islands were finally united into a single landmass in 1845 through various infrastructure projects, But it was the opening of the Suez Canal in 1869 that opened the city to the rest of the world. And since then, Mumbai has become a major port in India.
Mumbai, despite being the financial hub of the country and home to world-famous Bollywood, still has challenges and obstacles to overcome. The growing gap between rich and poor and the existence of the Underworld are some of the problems the city is still struggling with.
500 Words Essay on Mumbai
Mumbai, known as Bombay until 1995, is a large port city located on the western coast of the Indian peninsula. It is one of the major urban centers in India and, in fact, one of the largest and most populous cities in the world.
Konkan Coast area was inhabited by Mumbai for 10 years of prehistory. It later came under the control of various states that ruled the West Indies. These include the Buddhist Maurya Empire (4th-3rd centuries AD) and the Hindu Satavahana, Shaka, and Rashtrakuta dynasties. The Chalukyas (550-750 AD) built magnificent cave temples on Elephanta Island in the port of Mumbai.
Mahim was captured by the Muslim ruler of Gujarat in 1348. The Portuguese reached the western coast of India in 1498, Francisco de Almeida became the first Portuguese to enter the port of Mumbai when he captured a ship from Gujarat in 1508.
Places to visit in Mumbai
Gateway of India
The Gateway of India, also known as the Taj Mahal of Mumbai, is located on the waterfront at the Apollo Bunder area at the end of Chhatrapati Shivaji Marg, South Mumbai. It was built during the British Raj, to be used as a ceremonial entrance to India for the Viceroys and Governors of Bombay. The structure is 85 feet high.
Officially named the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, it is a 3 km long road along the coastline in southern Mumbai. Large crowds of people gather here, to experience this beautiful walkway and the stunning scenario of the setting sun at dusk. Interestingly, Marine Drive is also known as ‘Queen’s Necklace’, due to the effect of the streetlights surrounding the place, making it appear like pearls when viewed from the top.
Also known as the Celebrity Beach of Mumbai, it is one of the most famous and most-visited beaches in India. Tourists visit this beach to experience its peaceful atmosphere and its scenic beauty. Not just that, the beach is also famous for its local street foods.
Interesting Facts About Mumbai
Here are some interesting facts about Mumbai:
- Famous street foods in Mumbai are Sev puri, vada pav, pav bhaji, and Bhel Puri.
- India’s best Bollywood movies are filmed in Mumbai.
- Famous cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, and Zahir Khan hail from Mumbai.
- India lifted its second ODI trophy at Wankhede Stadium and is based in the city.
- Mumbai has one of the best commuter rail systems in the country, connecting the entire city.
Life In Mumbai City
Mumbai is safer than most other cities in India and is considered safe for women to go out at night. The atmosphere is different and public transport runs 24 hours, even late. Many startups and big brands start their entrepreneurial journey here, and the city is a center for the arts and theatrical performance.
The city is famous for its nightlife. People must visit places like Haji Ali Dargah and Marine Drives for a relaxing experience. The surroundings of unique places are filled with a fresh, sparkling, and welcoming breeze. The most special festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated in Mumbai.
Essay about Mumbai in Video
If you LIKE this Essay on My Favourite City Mumbai, share it with your friends and bookmark our website Classtopper.in for future study reference!